Future Inns is committed to reducing its impact on the environment.
We operate 3 hotels in the UK - Cardiff, Bristol and Plymouth - with 487 rooms. We understand the impact this can have on the environment. We’re always looking at ways to reduce this impact and to make it part of our day to day business to address this vital issue.
We actively encourage all team members to be aware of our policy and continue to follow these policies in line with our standard operating procedures.
Our aim is to reduce our impact by:
- Complying with environmental legislation, reducing energy consumption by monitoring performance and looking for areas to improve
- Continuing to work with our waste management supplier to identify areas to develop
- Water conservation & Wastewater management
This is a living document which we review and update. Currently, we do the following:-
- Recycle cardboard, paper, glass and cooking oil.
- The key card control system in all rooms which means lights, air conditioning and electrical items will turn off when guests leave the room.
- Promote the reuse of towels in all our rooms.
- Have in house laundries reducing our carbon input as we have no deliveries for bedroom linen.
- Do not iron all linen – thereby reducing electricity used.
- Promote our hotels as cycle-friendly and encourage guests to cycle or use public transport.
- Allow guests to keep bikes in their rooms.
- Provide toiletries in recyclable sachets rather than plastic bottles.
- Where possible use motion-sensitive lights to reduce energy use.
- We don’t use plastic straws in our bar areas.
- All new team members are given a copy of the policy at induction.
We are also working on the following items :-
- Reducing all single-use plastics in the business.
- Reviewing refuse management to establish if waste can be reduced and more recycled.
- Replacing standard lamps with LED.
- Training staff on our environmental policy.
- Limiting the use of disposable packaging from our suppliers.
- Sorting waste in guest bedrooms.
- Promoting the reuse of unwanted furniture within the businesses.
Future Inns UK Ltd