The great British Staycation is back!
With our affordable staycations and family breaks in Cardiff, you can explore Wales and it's diverse attractions this year for less with our affordable breaks. Whether you are looking for a city break in Cardiff, an activity holiday in Wales, a family break or a stopover on route to a camping break in Wales - we've got a range of great value deals to ensure you get the most out for your 2020 Staycation in Wales.
From the wetland trails of the Cardiff Bay Barrage to the picnic haven of Bute Park, adventures await you in the UK’s most compact city – jam-packed with family-friendly entertainment.
Future Inn Cardiff’s hotel location is an ideal base to explore all that the city and the surrounding area offers. Check out our detailed destination guide for ideas to help plan your Cardiff break.
Under 12's stay free of charge*
Breakfast is complimentary for under 5's and is £6 for under 12's.
- Cardiff and the surrounding area offers a diverse range of activities and attractions. If you are looking for the perfect couple's getaway check out our top Things to do in Cardiff for Couples.
- Family Breaks in Wales are ideal for ensuring there is something for everyone. We've written up our top ten things for families to do in Cardiff to give you a head start on your staycation planning.
- Cardiff is one of the flattest cities in the UK, which makes a family-day out easier! Hire a bike with Pedal Power and explore Pontcanna Fields and Sophia Gardens.
- Or bring your own bikes, we are a cycle-friendly hotel. Enjoy the sea air by walking or cycling the Bay Trail. The full route is just over 6.2 miles, with art and heritage exhibitions along the way, as well as a variety of cafés and ice cream parlours to keep you going.
- Entertain the children with a ghost tour at the nearby village of Llandaff. Only a 15-minute bus ride from the City Centre – mysterious, poignant and terrifyingly true tales await you! There are many haunted places you can visit in Cardiff.
- Admire the breath-taking views and watch boats as they pass through the giant lock! Remember to pack the kids bucket and spade for the newly refurbished play area on the Barrage embankment too! As well as plenty of sand to play in there’s also a shipwreck for hiding, a wobbly sand raft, two diggers and a table for making sand pies.
- If you’re looking to entertain the kids then look no further than this interactive science centre, Techniquest. Don’t forget that once you’ve got your Techniquest wristband, you are free to come and go throughout the day — all the sights and sounds of Cardiff Bay right on the doorstep, so why not make your visit into a whole day out?
- Catch a matinee performance at the New Theatre in the city centre or head down to the unmistakable landmark, the Wales Millennium Centre in Cardiff Bay. Also try The Gates Art Centre, Sherman Cymru and the Norwegian Church for special summer matinee performances.
- Those wanting to get out to sea can catch a boat trip to Flat Holm Island just 5 miles from Cardiff Bay. On the island take a tour, explore an array of wildlife and learn about its fun and fascinating history.
Check out some of our guides for more inspiration:
Standard terms and conditions apply. Offer subject to availability. * Children under 12 years of age stay free of charge when sharing a room with a least one adult on a room only basis. Breakfast can be added at a supplement of £6 for children aged 6-12. Children 5 & under stay with free breakfast included.
More Special Offers...